Product Description & Reviews
The X1 UV filter is our take on the classic flat black design with a modern spin: 4-layers of multi-resistant coatings with a 3.5mm ultra-slim weather-sealed frame. And you can buy with confidence knowing that you're backed by our 25 year ironclad guara6ntee and us-based support. Available sizes: 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm. 77mm thread size Capture critically sharp images: 4-layers of state-of-the-art multi-resistant coating Ultra-slim double-threaded flat black frame is 100% compatible with all your lens caps and filters 3.5mm frame height eliminates vignetting on full-frame wide-angle setups Capture critically sharp images. In addition to having great optical performance, x1 UV filter features our state-of-the-art multi-resistant coating. Two layers of mrc are applied to each side of the optical disk, resulting in a total of mrc-4. In addition to being structurally harder than glass itself, our mrc coating increases light transmittance and prevents common flaring, ghosting, low-contrast and all the rest. We don't recommend uncoated filters as glass without mrc coatings are highly susceptible to a range of optical phenomenon such as flaring, ghosting (lower contrast as a result) and generally less saturation.
Features & Highlights
- X1 UV (Ultra Violet) FILTER: The X1 UV features 4-layers of our state-of-the-art and uniformly applied MRC, which means less flaring and ghosting that you'd normally see with uncoated protection filters. Our modern coating chambers are air tight, producing a uniform coating visible to the human eye when holding the filter at a right angle to a direct light source.
- MRC4 CONSTRUCTION: Two layers of MRC are applied to each side of the optical disk, resulting in a total of 4 layers (MRC4). In addition to being structurally harder than the glass itself, our MRC coating process increases light transmission from 94.6% (without MRC) to 97.8%. Glass without MRC coatings is highly susceptible to a range of optical phenomenon such as flaring, ghosting (lower contrast as a result) and generally less saturation.
- ELIMINATES VIGNETTING: The X1 features a 3.5mm ultra-slim double-threaded frame profile to eliminate vignetting on wide-angle full-frame setups. In our lab tests, 4.2mm was the frame width at which point 1-stop of light falloff (vignetting) became visible on images with 16mm wide-angle setups on full-frame cameras.
- X1 UV 77mm FITMENT: The X1 UV has front-threads, which means it's compatible with all your existing filters (for stacking) and lens caps. To ensure the lettering on the filter never wears off we laser engrave text into each aluminum frame rather than use paint-based lettering.
- 25 YEARS SUPPORT: We laser engrave each X1 UV with a unique serial number. When you activate your 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee online we associate your X1 serial number to you, so any future discussions regarding your X1 UV are tracked, issues recorded, all of which goes directly into our design and prototyping pipeline.
|Item Weight:||0.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||4 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||4 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.