Product Description & Reviews
Professional Tulip Lens Hood is primarily designed to prevent unwanted stray light (flare) from entering the lens by extending and shading the end of the lens. In addition, since the end of the lens is extended, you also get the added benefit of some extra protection from accidental impact. Screw-mount lens hoods, such as this 55mm, are designed to screw right into your lens or filter. Rear locking ring allows the user to rotate the hood in 360°direction. Why should you use lens hoods? Essentially, a lens hood acts to block out light that the lens shouldn't be receiving, which can contribute to aberrations such as flare, particularly when shooting towards the light. Wide angle lenses, due to their expanded field of view, are naturally prone to gathering stray light, though the reduced field of view on standard and telephoto lenses means that for accuracy, the use of lens hoods is just as important.
Features & Highlights
- Fits all 55mm and 58mm lenses
- The addition of a lens hood can help prevent flares-those circles of light that can accompany images where a strong light source is just outside the frame
- Professional tulip shape design (also known as 'flower' or 'petal' shape) allows for greater versatility
- Protects Lens from Accidental Impact
- Easy to use screw mount lens hood screws right onto your lens or filter.
|Color:||Tulip Lens Hood|
|Model:||HOOD55 + 58mm|
|Package Weight:||0.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.86 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.